Explore the following areas to create applications that look great on mobile devices out-of-the-box.
- Learn to use the responsive and adaptive user interface to see what your app looks like on different devices during the development process.
- Apply sophisticated functionalities, such as offline access, push notifications, and geolocation, with no additional effort or special skills.
- Expand your existing native mobile apps with the ability to interface with Pega.
- Access an application from a mobile browser
- Build a mobile app from a model
- Embed a Pega application in a native app
A responsive, model-driven web app that you generate in Pega Platform can run in any mobile browser, on any mobile device. Your customers or users only need to access the application from the mobile device.
Mobile web apps offer some advantages but less functionality compared to custom mobile apps. For example, they do not have access to most of the device specific capabilities.
You can use the Pega® Mobile Client service to quickly build custom mobile apps by using Pega Platform. Developing custom mobile apps gives you a native user experience with model-driven web apps on Android or iOS devices.
You can use the Pega Mobile SDK product to develop mobile apps that interface with Pega Platform. By using the Pega Mobile SDK, you can create an app that contains at least one web view screen that embeds a page from a Pega Platform application, accesses Pega Platform on the backend, or both.
- Embed a Pega Platform application in a native app using the Mashup SDK
- Access Pega Platform application data from a native app using the Connect SDK